Sunday, August 28, 2005

Proud to be a faggot

Three cheers for Farah Baria for writing this: 'How ironic that in a country where criminals seem to go scot-free for roasting 14 people alive in a bakery, national leaders are acquitted for abetting the carnage of 3,000 Sikhs, scores are maimed or blinded because they belong to a ‘‘lower’’ caste, women are wantonly assaulted on city streets, and many, many marriages are alibis for legalized violence and rape, our government wants to ‘‘protect’’ us from law abiding citizens, whose only ‘‘crime’’ is their sexual preference!'

And read about why Bhupen Khakhar's friends will never forget him.

Moral of the story: read the Indian Express more, for reasons apart from the fact that my sister works there. Oh and in case you're wondering, yes I am (proud I mean).

Comments:
This piece is so inspiring. And so are you my dear contrapuntal. You are proud, and I am proud to be your friend.
 
francois, thank you, but as a rule, comments that make me blush are deleted.
 
I did a search for Farah Baria, cuz she's such an incredibly amazing writer... and I stumbled upon your site.

Nice to meet another Indian blogger.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?