Monday, March 06, 2006

We are the world

This is a little late, but worth it I think. My sister has been tailing George and Laura in Delhi and filed this story a few days ago. I have always been fascinated by the link between popular culture and politics, but now politicians are making the connections themselves apparently. Here's my crude lunch-break effort at reading between the lines.

We are the world (because we're so big),
We are the children (because we're both liberal democracies),
We are the ones who make a brighter day (because we both burn so much fossil fuel)
So let's start giving (lectures, not money)
There's a choice we're making (neo-liberalismo!)
We're saving our own lives (damn right)
It's true we'll make a better day,
Just you and me (so give us that damn Security Council seat, welcome us into the nuclear club - and leave Pakistan out for god's sake)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?