Saturday, June 07, 2008

why you should read this blog

I clearly have my finger on the pulse. Sadly (I will justify 'sadly' in a future post), I think talk of a joint ticket will founder on the issue of succession. Hillary won't accept the VP slot unless Barack promises to be a one term President. If he served for 2 terms as President with her as VP, she would be told old to stand for the nomination in 2016; she would probably lose even if she did because voters would be sick of her; and even if she won the nomination, she would probably lose the election because voters would be sick of the Democrats. Given those considerations, a Blair/Brown type deal scribbled on a napkin in Dianne Feinstein's home looks unlikely. And yes, I do think all concerned are thinking that far ahead.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?